The sightseeing boat trip brings a lot of positive emotions and vivid impressions. It provides a great opportunity to get as close to precipitous cliffs as possible, sail through grottos and caves, and enjoy picturesque views of small bays. The Cape of Aniva is the extreme point of Sakhalin Island where the Sea of Okhotsk meets the Sea of Japan. The cape competes for attention - rocky, with jagged peaks, it looks like a solitary ship totally surrounded by water. Located on the Cape of Aniva is the same-name lighthouse built in the middle of the last century. To improve ship navigation the Japanese had installed 25 lighthouses. Aniva was considered one of the most technically sophisticated devices and interesting projects in Karafuto Prefecture. Nowadays, the lighthouse is inactive, but still attractive for admirers of abandoned and scenic places.
The tour covers the following:
- Meeting with a guide in Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk.
- Transfer from Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk to the seaport town of Korsakov (takes an hour).
- Boarding a chartered boat in the port (the passage to the cape takes 3 hours).
- During the tour along the sea coast there are several stops to take a stroll, visit the lighthouse, have lunch, and shoot some photos. The 7-hour tour is supplied with helpful information provided by the guide.
- A transfer to Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk is made following your return to Korsakov.
- Transfer Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk - Korsakov - Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk;
- Services of a professional driver and guide ;
- Chartered boat;
- Food service;
-Tour of the lighthouse.
Documents to take along: passport (ID) copy.
Other recommended items: waterproof clothing, waterproof footwear (rain boots), insect (mosquito) repellent, camera. A towel (for those willing to have a swim).
It should be remembered that air temperature and wind strength on shore can differ markedly from those of the sea.
In the event a safety advisory is determined due to deteriorating weather conditions the service provider has a right to cancel the excursion.
Tour Confirmation Within 24 Hours.
No cancellation fees more than 72 hours in advance
Reservation changes can be processed up to 3 days (72 hours) prior to the start of a tour. In case cancellations are carried out more than 72 hours in advance, 100 % of the total cost of a tour is refunded. If reservation is cancelled within 24-72 hours prior to the start of a tour, 50 % of its total cost is refunded. If reservation is cancelled less than 24 hours in advance, no refund is granted.
Payment for a child under 18 is equal to that of an adult.